The Office of the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) manages the NTSB financial resources, develops the NTSB's budget requests for submission to the Office of Management and Budget and Congress, and executes the budget for resources appropriated to the Board by Congress.
- prepares the agency financial statements required by the Accountability of Tax Dollars Act;
- oversees the agency property and inventory control programs;
- analyzes the fee structure for services that the agency provides on a reimbursable basis;
- ensures the NTSB's compliance with the Federal Managers' Financial Integrity Act;
- Manages the agency's acquisition program