In this first roundtable of our Safe System Series, a panel of leading experts will discuss the Safe System approach and its principles, the current state of road safety in the U.S., and explore how to build upon, and move beyond, the traditional “4 E’s” of traffic safety—enforcement, engineering, education and emergency response —to implement a Safe System.
For more information, visit The Safe Systems Approach webpage.
Date: July 7, 2021
Time: 1:00-2:30pm ET
Hosted by: Jennifer Homendy, Member, NTSB
- Linda Bailey, District Department of Transportation
- Jamila Porter, DrPH, MPH, Big Cities Health Coalition
- Laura Sandt, Ph.D., UNC Highway Safety Research Center
- Leah Shahum, Vision Zero Network
- Wendy Weijermars, Ph.D., SWOV Institute for Safety Research