Overseas and Foreign Transportation Accident

Overseas banner graphic.

​​Oversea​s Transportation Accidents Involving United States Citizens

If you are concerned about a US citizen relative or friend who is traveling or living abroad, you may contact:

the nearest US Embassy or Consulate, or

call the Department of State’s Overseas Citizens Services office in Washington, DC at 1-888-407-4747 (from outside the US and Canada, call 202-501-4444).​

Please visit  Department of State’s Bureau of Consular Affairs-US Citizens Missing Abroad  for additional information.

Foreign Accident Investigations

​Additional information about NTSB involvement in foreign accident investigations is provided under NTSB’s Foreign Investigations webpage. If you have additional questions related to the NTSB’s involvement in or family assistance operations associated with a specific foreign accident investigation, please contact us at assistance@ntsb.gov.