Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content
Overseas Accident
Bookmark and Share this page

 Overseas Accident

Global map graphic.

Overseas Transportation Accidents Involving United States Citizens

If you are concerned about a US citizen relative or friend who is traveling or living abroad, you may contact the nearest US Embassy or Consulate, or call the Department of State’s Overseas Citizens Services office in Washington, DC at 1-888-407-4747 (from outside the US and Canada, call 202-501-4444). Please visit the Department of State’s Bureau of Consular Affairs - US Citizens Missing Abroad webpage for additional information.


Foreign Accident Investigations

Additional information about NTSB involvement in foreign accident investigations is provided on the NTSB’s Foreign Investigations webpage. If you have additional questions related to the NTSB’s involvement in or family assistance operations associated with a specific foreign accident investigation, please contact the NTSB TDA Division directly.