How can small and medium-sized operators use data to improve the safety of their operations and prevent accidents? It’s not as daunting—or as costly as it seems. In this special event, Safeguard Your Flights with Valuable Insights: Practical FDM Solutions for Smaller Operators, Vice Chairman of the National Transportation Safety Board Bruce Landsberg will moderate a roundtable discussion with experts from government and industry about the benefits and proven value-added of flight data monitoring (FDM) programs for any sized operation.
In this roundtable, you will learn how to incorporate FDM from others who have done it and find out what insights can be revealed to improve your operations. Our expert panel will explore the impediments and obstacles to implementation and discuss real-world practical strategies and solutions. NTSB investigators will also discuss what they have learned from crashes where FDM could have made a difference.
The emphasis of this NTSB discussion will be on smaller operators, who may not have the resources of larger commercial flight departments, and how they can easily, affordably, and practically incorporate FDM into their safety and operational activities.
- The roundtable will be collocated with the NBAA-BACE Conference in Orlando, Florida, and will be held immediately following NBAA’s Safety Forum in the NBAA Safety Education Center / Orange County Convention Center, Room S210 A/B/C. The event will be open to the public and all conference attendees.
Requiring the use of recorders and encouraging flight data monitoring in all passenger-carrying operations is currently on the NTSB’s Most Wanted List.
11:00 AM -11:20 AM Making the Safety Case
11:20 AM -11:45 AM The Elephant in the Room: Impediments to Adoption
11:45 AM -12:30 PM Operator Case Studies: Best Practices from Industry
12:30 PM -12:45 PM Implementing Program: Options and Opportunities
12:45 PM - 12:55 PM Discussion Increasing Adoption & Next Steps
1:00 PM Close
Moderator: NTSB Vice Chairman Bruce Landsberg
- Dave Lawrence, NTSB Aviation Safety Sr. Investigator
- Chris Babcock, NTSB Chief, Research & Engineering
- Tom Luipersbeck, FAA Aviation Safety, Manager (Acting), Flight Standards, Safety Standards Training & Simulation Group
- Andrew Walton, Liberty University, Director of Safety, School of Aeronautics/Freedom Aviation
- Jason Greenleaf, Jet It, Director of Safety
- Reid Nelson, Tidal Aviation, President
- Morgan Bonde, Adobe, International Captain & Safety Manager
- Doug Carr, National Business Aviation Association (NBAA), Sr VP of Safety, Security, Sustainability and International Operations
- Frank Raymond, Air Charter Safety Foundation (ACSF), Director of Safety
- Jens Hennig, General Aviation Manufacturers Association (GAMA), VP Operations