The NTSB Training Center is the training facility for the National Transportation Safety Board, an independent federal agency that investigates all civil aviation accidents in the United States and selected accidents in other modes of transportation.
The Training Center provides training for NTSB investigators and others from the transportation community to improve their practice of accident investigation techniques. The curriculum promotes independent, objective, and technically advanced accident investigations that will enhance the safety of all modes of transportation.
The Mission of the NTSB Training Center is to promote safe transport by:
- Ensuring and improving the quality of accident investigation through critical thought, instruction, and research;
- Communicating lessons learned, fostering the exchange of new ideas and new experience, and advocating operational excellence;
- Providing a modern platform for accident reconstruction and evaluation; and
- Utilizing its high-quality training resources to facilitate family assistance and first responder programs, sister agency instruction, and other compatible federal activity.
Partnerships and Alliances
In its effort to meet the training needs of those in other areas of the government and the transportation and emergency response communities, the Training Center has formed relationships with federal agencies and private organizations. The following is a partial list of the organizations participating in partnerships and alliances with the NTSB Training Center:
- Airports Council International of North America (ACI-NA)
- Air Transport Association (ATA)
- Armed Forces Institute of Pathology (AFIP)
- Aviation Safety Alliance (ASA)
- Civil Aviation Administration of China (CAAC)
- Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI)
- Global Maritime and Transportation School (GMATS)
- National Association of State Boating Laws Administrators (NASBLA)
- National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA)
- New Jersey State Police (NJSP)
- Transportation Safety Institute (TSI)
- Regional Airline Association (RAA)
- Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE)